Become a highly valued Financial Modeler, build financial models for any industry. Make accurate and informed ﬁnancial decisions about any company or project.
Financial Modeling and Analysis are highly respected skills in the business world and hugely sought after in the job marketplace.
Financial Modelling serves as a powerful communication tool to clearly and effectively tell the story of a company to management and stakeholders. It is a critical decision making tool used by management to make accurate and informed financial decisions about a company or project.
It is multidisciplinary, requiring expertise in Accounting, Finance, Financial Analysis, Valuation and Microsoft Excel.
This course has been developed to cover the entire body of knowledge issued by the Financial Modeling Institute for Level One; Advanced Financial Modeler Designation.
This course is a blended course. You start with a rigorous online pre-work with short videos covering knowledge objectives. Then you have 3 options to continue with the course:
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Identify and apply the essential Excel functions, tools and operators every modeller should know
- Apply best practice techniques & rules to build 3 Statement models from scratch.
- Design a modern model structure based on pre-determined model outputs & requirements.
- Build a clear revenue schedule to forecast company sales.
- Master CVP (Cost, Volume, Price) analysis to appropriately identify and capture fixed and variable costs of a company.
- Apply best practices in capital structure modelling; Debt schedules, Cash Flow Sweeps, Equity and dividend calculations.
- Build and incorporate Operating & Financial Schedules.
- Perform sensitivity and scenario analysis.
- Recall the techniques for model auditing tax and deferred tax treatment, depreciation calculations, integrity & error checking and more.