dbrownconsulting (DBC) provides financial training, consulting and payroll outsourcing solutions.
Our training style at dbrownconsulting is unique, tested and trusted; each session is fully engaging and practical, our trainers are not computer gurus but chartered accountants, financial analysts and tax experts with first class practical experience in each topic area.
Our FREE online support services both before and after the training ensures that participants fully implement the skills learnt.
Our training is fully interactive with almost 90% of the time devoted to solving case studies and examples brought in by participants; this ensures that participants play a full part in the learning process. This makes training enjoyable, stimulating and effective for all participants.
Pre Course Needs Analysis
We deliver “Needs Based” Training through our unique pre training requests program enjoyed by clients and participants. Also, on request, we can carry out a detailed pre course “Needs Analysis” for employees of your organisation. This is done through the compilation of answers to a customised online questionnaire/test/quiz/survey. A full report per employee is delivered to our clients. Carrying out this unique needs analysis procedure ensures that training is effectively matched to your staff immediate needs. Click to view our Online Excel Proficiency test or our Online Anti-Money Laundering Test.
- Pre-course reading & quizzes taken by each participant online
- Case-studies (based on live data used by each participant)
- Soft copies of all Excel files, PDF training materials, Free Add-ons, information and instructions
- Post Training online Assessment (where required)
Post Course Support
- Online Post-course evaluation and feedback per participant
- Free access to Articles Archive on our website
- Free access to our message board forum to receive answers to posted questionsFree email and phone support for two weeks after a training course
- Follow up courses, on request
Each Participant receives a customised USB containing all the exercises and solutions, training manuals and bonus material. This will serve as valuable review materials for participants long after the course.
We are confident that these tried and tested heuristic training techniques will ensure instant returns on our clients training investment and a highly motivated work force.
Participants are encouraged to email their specific training requests before each course. We then modify our training exercises to meet participant’s expectations. Some courses are even structured as pure case study sessions with participants projecting real job cases for the whole class to solve. We have found that this is the most rewarding way to learn: using your own data and job as our on the spot training material is a revolutionary teaching approach only experienced trainers can offer.
Please download our 2016 Brochure for more information , download our 2016 Open Training Calendar and Our Full Course List for 2016 to plan your next courses with us.
Our core consulting services revolve around financial and data modelling. These facets are tailored along the lines of model and report automation.. Our bespoke models help our clients to visualise and understand the dimensions and impact of proposed business decisions. We also automate the considerable number-crunching reporting requirements of large multinationals using costeffective business intelligent tools including SQL, Power BI, Power query and Power Pivot for SharePoint and Excel.
Financial Model Build
We build the following types of models:
- Project finance models [debt sculpting, YFI/PPP models]
- Investment decision-making models
- Acquisition and other transaction support models
- Operational models
- Budgeting and forecasting models
- PPP/PFI models
- Industry specific models [Oil & Gas, Telecoms, Financial Institutions, etc…]
Data Modelling and Report Automation
We use Microsoft’s Business Intelligence tools including Power Pivot, Excel, Power BI, Power query and Access to build and automate the following reports:
- executive dashboards
- sales monitoring, forecasting and planning report engines
- vendor reward management systems
- financial forecasting, analysis and reporting systems
- other bespoke data models and solutions
Past Consulting Engagements
- Built various Financial Reporting, Analysis Tools & Dashboards for different departments of a top Multinational Companies: using multiple data sources (SAP, Excel, Text files etc.) to build a data model using Microsoft self-service business intelligence tools to automate Sales & financial reports by SKU, Brand, Location, Entity etc with click button variance analysis between actual, budget, Same period Last year, projected sales and more. These tools replaced hundreds of Excel files and virtually eliminated reporting errors and time wasted creating presentations.
- Developed and built a bond reporting and amortisation tool for a Nigerian bank that automates the daily reporting of bond values and verify accuracy of the bond balances uploaded in the banks database.
- Built a vendor reward model and a reporting Engine to test the cost & effectiveness of reward schemes for a top Multinational FMCG with presence across Nigeria.
- Aircraft utilisation, Revenue & Receivables Model built with Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Access that automates many reports, manages invoicing and replaces hundreds of Excel files and manhours
- Project Finance Model and Restructuring Advisory Services for a Telco.
- Financial Model/Viability Analysis for various Companies
We offer the following core outsourcing services:
- Online Self Service Payroll Services ·
- Managed Payroll Services ·
- Payroll compliance review ·
- Compensation structuring / restructuring ·
- Payroll Tax Audit Services
We provide efficient and cost-effective payroll outsourcing services that meet our clients’ unique requirements and budget considerations. Our online subscription based platform allows small clients to quickly and efficiently manage their payroll computation, pay taxes, pension deductions and staff salaries all from our platform.
Our vast knowledge of the Nigerian market, legal and tax systems ensures that we deliver a world-class package with full regard to the unique characteristics of the local environment.
Our personnel have proven track records, with experience garnered from leading consultancy and finance firms.
Our Value Proposition:
We wish to become your reliable payroll department thereby allowing you to concentrate on your core business. We will facilitate timely salary payment, tax and pension payments and achieve all receipts and evidence needed for SOX and other audit purposes.
We provide an online payroll software with flexibility to handle standard, simple and complex payroll peculiarities. We offer this on an either a client administration platform or on a client support platform. We also develop spreadsheet payroll tools customised to meet your specific requirements.
Our Recent Outsourcing Engagements include:
- Full Payroll outsourcing services to top multinationals
- Payroll Ancillary Services to blue-chip multinationals
- Staff-wide training needs analysis for a host of clients
- Development of an online payslip management system for clients
- Design of bespoke, quarterly staff cost and contribution slips showing actual costs (salary and benefits) per employee
- Monthly manpower reporting analysis